Director of Engineering
If you had all day to work on any project, chances are that you would pick something you’re passionate about. It might even be something that could change people’s lives. At Tava Health, that’s exactly what we’ve done. We’re passionate about improving emotional healthcare and it’s our mission to do it through frictionless, technology-enabled care.
The “technology-enabled” part is where you come in. As our first Director of Engineering, you will have the unique opportunity to take our core team of experienced engineers into its next phase of growth. You’ll also lead the engineering efforts of a suite of internal tools and systems that keep Tava running. Put simply: this is your opportunity to build software that directly makes the world a better place. Join us!
- Lead our growing team of experienced engineers to build products that change lives.
- Ensure that we ship software consistently in a fast-moving startup environment, with a sharp focus on the team’s efficiency and ingenuity across a broad set of internal and external engineering efforts.
- Execute an end-to-end recruiting process: hire and onboard excellent engineers and engineering managers.
- Work directly and proactively with the CTO on technology investment strategies to build our client, provider, customer, and internal tools.
- Continue to establish an engineering culture that celebrates and rewards excellence.
- Foster deep partnerships with product managers, designers, clinical leaders, and other stakeholders to ensure we deliver on our mission.
- 8+ years engineering experience: 4+ years of team management and growth experience
- Mission-driven: You’re dedicated to Tava’s mission, with a focus on providing easy access to high quality behavioral healthcare for the individuals we serve.
- Nimble: You prioritize velocity and efficiency over perfection in order to learn and build as we continue to realize our potential.
- Leadership: You’ve managed other engineering managers, and you prioritize supporting members of your team with their individual needs
- Holistic: You focus on engineering and leadership, but you invest in business, product, design, and clinical issues.
- Communication: You’re an excellent written and verbal communicator with a track record of building positive relationships. You can clearly communicate technical details with people outside of the engineering world.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Generous PTO and parental leave
- Competitive health care plan (medical, dental, vision, and of course, Tava therapy)
- Weekly Tava-sponsored lunches
- ...and plenty more
Tava is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, marital or disability status.