Revenue Cycle Management Specialist
Tava Health is a venture-backed, online mental health platform that partners with employers to provide convenient, high-quality, accessible mental health resources to employees and their dependents. Our mission is to improve mental health through frictionless, technology-enabled care, and break down the barriers of therapy by making mental health checkups as routine as other healthcare practices.
As Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Specialist, you will be responsible for all revenue operations within the Payer Partnerships team, including payer and client collections. This position will report to the Head of Payer Relations and Business Services and work with other cross functional teams including finance, care navigation, and credentialing and payer enrollments.
- Be the lead for communication between Tava and our RCM vendor.
- Manage fee schedules, RCM payer policies, and plan information inside of Tava’s EMR.
- Provide excellent follow-through, regularly updating tracking systems for client collections for cash pay and insurance sessions.
- Own payer and client collections for co-pays, cancellations, and cash-only clients.
- Perform denials management including troubleshooting and management of denied and underpaid claims.
- Assist with insurance benefit eligibility checks.
- Track and manage reporting of AR for client co-pay/co-insurance/deductibles, insurance collection performance, DSO by payer, and collection aging. Tracking of additional reports, upon request.
- Be a subject matter expert pertaining to RCM and insurance inquiries at Tava.
- Knowledge of insurance plans and contractual arrangements affecting payments
- 1+ years of direct customer service in the healthcare industry or related field
- Insurance collection experience (benefit verification, billing and collection, appeals.)
- Demonstrated accounts receivable experience
- Comfort and interest in working in a fast-paced, ever evolving environment
- Self-motivated and driven
- Intermediate Excel skills
- This role is currently remote, but candidate must be willing to work in person out of an office in Salt Lake County
- Experience in a start-up environment a plus
- Familiarity with collections through Stripe platform
Actual title and compensation are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Tava offers a highly competitive benefits package including parental leave, plenty of paid holidays and PTO, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and (of course) a generous mental health benefit. This position also offers stock options.
Tava is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, marital or disability status.
As a recruiting team, we do our best to communicate with all candidates. If you have not received an email from Tava within a few days of submitting your application please check your spam filter.
***Please note: All Tava hiring is handled by company representatives using "@tavahealth.com" email addresses. Please beware of unauthorized recruiting communications requesting personal information. We never hire anyone without first completing a real-time, face-to-face interview (conducted by video or in-person), nor do we use encrypted instant messaging services like Signal. If you have questions regarding the authenticity of any outreach, please do not hesitate to use the chat feature on our website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org***