Design Lead (Contract)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Sunday, July 9, 2023
Marigold is looking to hire an experienced designer to lead product design. The ideal candidate will have the skills and experience to design consumer-facing mobile and web apps from the ground up, rapidly iterate on existing designs, design digital and physical assets, and operate with a high degree of autonomy.
You will work closely with product management, product marketing and engineering teams. Along with being a skilled designer, you will need to have strong communication skills and demonstrate excellent product thinking. If you have experience designing products for an online community or are interested in using your exceptional design skills to help people in mental health or substance use recovery, Marigold Health may be the right fit for you.
Marigold Health exists to give every person with a mental health or substance use condition a place to feel heard. We have designed an asynchronous-first treatment program where patients support each other. We believe peers, individuals in recovery themselves who have received training to support others, can empower and engage those least likely to interact with current forms of care.
Reporting, Schedule, Location:
This is a 2-3 month contract, part-time (4-6 hours/day) role, with the opportunity to extend to 6 months and potentially full-time based on company needs. This role is based in Mumbai around Andheri/Juhu, reporting to the Technical Product Manager.
- 5+ years’ experience in designing consumer-facing mobile and web applications.
- Strong visual design abilities and the ability to bring low fidelity mocks to high fidelity ready-to-build designs
- Experience taking a consumer-facing mobile app from idea to launch to iteration post-launch - more important than number of years of experience
- Strong rapid prototyping abilities, to create clickable prototypes which closely mirror actual functionality.
- A track record of designing lucid experiences on mobile + web, and serving as a voice of design excellence on a team
- Graphic design abilities - print and digital, including designing fliers, posters, pitch decks, digital assets and brand identity
- Comfortable working collaboratively with a high degree of autonomy and initiative
- The ability to prioritize and act with conviction in an environment of uncertainty
- Previous experience designing for underserved or diverse populations a significant plus
- Previous experience in an early-stage startup a significant plus
Nice to Have
- Experience conducting user interviews and focus groups
- Previous experience in an early-stage startup
- Previous experience in health tech, AI, or social networking
Who You Are
- Motivated by our mission to give every single patient with a mental health condition a unique voice
- Intellectually curious, creative, and solution driven
- A team player who can thrive and stay organized within an unstructured environment
- Prompt, responsive, curious and communicative, especially about new things
After you submit your application, it will be reviewed by the hiring manager and select members of the team. If it seems like we’re a good fit for each other, we will follow up and schedule a 15-30 minute phone call with one of our recruitment team members to get to know you.
If we jointly decide to move forward, you can plan to attend a 15-30 minute video interview with the Technical Product Manager (TPM). If we decide to move further, this will be followed by a more in-depth45 minute video interview with the TPM.
From there, the next steps are a 45 minute video interview with the Chief Product Officer and other members of the Product team, followed by a final call with 2-4 members of the Marigold team to discuss your approach to collaboration, your relevant experience to current projects, and alignment with our values.
All in, you can expect the time commitment for this process to be 3-4 hours of synchronous interaction, scheduled to fit your needs.
If you complete interviews, we will provide a decision or clear next step within five business days.
We are ready to hire as soon as we find the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
More About Our Company
Marigold Health is an early-stage, rapidly growing startup providing services fora range of community based mental health and substance use treatment providers as well as national health insurers. We collaborate with eminent investigators at Brown University and Johns Hopkins and have been publicly recognized by the National Institute on Drug Abuse(NIDA) and the American Psychiatric Association.
Our program is a combination of 1-1 coaching and 24/7 anonymous chat support groups accessed over phone, SMS, and app/web. On the backend, proprietary natural language processing tools scale our peer workforce by augmenting group moderation, automating patient outreach, and sending sentiment-based “alerts” to coordinate care with other providers. Following strong results from our first clinical studies, we are entering a period of rapid growth, and expect to expand from 2 states today to 12 by this time next year.
Our core values are authenticity, candor, and ambition. Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). We must have diversity on our team and in our mindsets to be successful in moving the needle on the deeply entrenched and systematic challenges we face.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.